Sunday, May 17, 2009

The sewing bug has caught me!




I know I have to make Mikayla something next...she's feeling left out...smile!

Hannah's was easy breezy....just adding ribbon and hemming the back and bottom up.

Autumn's took me several hours to put together but I really have been wanting to make her an outfit like this for months. I think I bought the fabric back in February and the pattern in March...but have been scared of the ruffles and the pants.

I followed the pattern by Kwiksew for the bottoms and did a basic pillowcase top (these keep getting easier and easier with the help of the website where I found the pattern at Red Instead Blog) with the fabric I bought.

After being inspired by $30 and $40 outfits like that at Canton Flea Market...I thought...I so need to make this...now I know how to do ruffles, pants, use the overedge foot thingy on the sewing machine. It feels so good to learn something new...smile!!!



Autumn needed just one more outfit...haha...but they are so cute! I also made her a shirt out of one of Chad's shirt that shrink up too short...but I have to find it in my pile of scraps that I have from making the other stuff...smile!

I have been hiding in my closet that also doubles as my sewing closet all weekend...*if you knew how small my closet was you'd probably get claustrophobic...but I do love the seclusion sometimes from the outside world and having a finished product at the end of the day.

I also wanted to show you these cute bottletop necklaces we bought for the girls at the Canton Flea Market. They were everywhere....smile!

Anyhow....that's all for today...!

No comments: