Monday, May 4, 2009

A crafty girl this weekend




I don't know what has come over me...maybe Spring is making me feel like doing a little of this and a little of that...of which I am very good at. I never specialize in any one thing but like to do lots of little things. I haven't been this crafty since I was pregnant which scares me...but unless miracles have happened we have nothing to worry about in that category.

So after the pillowcase dresses, I have also decided to try my hand at Switchflops. I LOVE the idea of the Switchflops...they are so cute and so practical...something I adore in life (practicality). But the price lends itself to some trial and error to make do with what I have. So, I took a pair of brown flip flops and attached 3/4 inch black Velcro to them. I started off with brown ribbon and 2 brown flowers so I could at least still wear them in plain brown if I never got around to making more ribbons to switch them up with. They turned out pretty cute. I am sure they are not as cute as the real thing...but at $30 a pair of switchflops I can afford to not be perfect in my replica.

Basically I just used 7/8 inch ribbon, velcro, fabric stiffner and fraycheck to and practiced the angles of cutting my ribbons. We will see if I get fancy before long.

No comments: