Friday, May 1, 2009

The Princess and the Kiss

I wrote last week about buying a set of books from a friend at the homeschool sale. There is the original book, a bible study and coloring book to go with it. The Princess and the Kiss (a story of purity) is what we've been reading. We are on day 3 of the bible study. I've read the book twice to the kids so far because they asked me to read it again.

Anyhow...while we do the biblestudy I have been letting them color from the coloring book to keep them focused. Today, we did the third day of study like I said and one of the activities we did with it I think really hit home...even for me!

I know that this activity has been done before for other word picture examples but I couldn't believe how much it hit a nerve in us all.

The Activity:
A clear glass of water (representing purity)
Pepper (representing giving our "kiss" or emotional and physical purity away)

I went over how the clear water was how pure God has made us and how He wants us to keep our bodies and minds physically, emotionally and spiritual pure for Him and if He choose for us to have a husband then also for our husband.

I shook the pepper in a little. They verbally spoke how it was dirty. I offered it to them to drink...they declined. Then I sprinkled in a little more...they still didn't want it. I sprinkled in even more...they really didn't want it then.

I talked to them about how that is what it would be like to offer this "peppery" water to our future husband if all the pepper in the glass represented how we've allowed other boys to share our kisses and emotional and physical hearts with them.

We talked about how we need to keep ourselves pure for the one God has chosen for us to marry so we can offer that gift to our husbands.

How different a would this world be if we all would have been able to do that for our spouse. For every person of the opposite sex we give a part of ourselves it is something we never get back nor have to give to the one we will spend the rest of our lives with.

Thank you God, for your purity, even when we mess up, you make us pure!

1 comment:

Suburban Housewife... Not so much said...

I love this representation! I will definitely have to refer back to this when it's that time for Hayden. No girl wants un-clean water either! :o)