Thursday, August 21, 2008

Crazy Day

We are doing well and I know I don't have to feel guilty for not getting it all done...but the girls are doing great! We have managed to get a few hours of school in today. My sisters are helping me some so that I can spend time with my mom in her last days.

My sister was out of school today (she is a 2nd grade teacher) as was my other sister. We have started trying to go through things in the house to sort out so we can get it on the market. It makes for a lot of disorganization and lots of "Mommies" in the house. The girls are doing well though. We miss our normal family unit that we are used to...smile!

Things are going well and the things that I thought would be of utter importance in the beginning are being readjusted. I have got to get out of the school mentality into the life long learner process. It is hard to readjust for all of us.

Sometimes I just want to through my hands up...smile!

We went today to tell our Mom that it was okay to go....that we would all be okay and that we are taking care of Granny. That was a very difficult thing to do. I wanted to do the right thing for her benefit...but the memories of her in my life come flooding over me when I try to let her go. I try to imagine my life without her in it...and it is impossible.

Anyhow...we continue this journey...knowing we are blessed with one day at a time...

No comments: