Friday, September 5, 2008

Where does the time go?

We'll it has been almost two weeks since my mom passed away into her eternal life with Jesus and it feels like time has stood still in someways. It is like a mirage. We took last week off of school. I tried to start school this week but with cleaning out the house, packing, and having to prepare somewhere for my grandmother to live...it has been impossible. I realized...this is such a blessing to homeschool. I can wait til we get back home to pick up where we left off.

I am not stuck to some schedule that is unreasonable except my own inner self raging to get back to a routine. For now, we are reading, doing some phonics, some blogging of what we've been reading and practicing our skip counting.

I took the girls to the eye doctor the other day and Hannah was so inquisative. I thought it was beautiful how she was investigating all the machines they were using. She was like a little reporter asking about this and that in the office. She wanted to know how long she had been an eye doctor. I hope she will keep that inquistivness.

The girls have been collecting snails while we have been here in Florida. I thought maybe it would be a good science opportunity for them. We looked them up online and found out many things about them. We printed off some things from enchantedlearning.com and labeled their parts and learned about them. I thought it was pretty interesting that there are snells as large as 30 inches and that their tongues have little teeth on them. Intriguing to say the least.

Maybe we aren't traditionally doing school but they are learning. I am learning.

I can't wait to go home. I miss my home...my bed...my hubby!

No comments: