Tuesday, August 19, 2008

My Girls


We'll today must have been a typical homeschool day in many homes...smile! I am such a control freak that days like today really turn me upside down. I like routine and I don't so much like to detour from it. You would never know that by seeing how I act on the outside. However, internally it drives me crazy not to have a routine.

Today, we started school at 4:30. I hated that. We didn't finish til about 8:30 with a small dinner intermission. We are just trying to cover the basics right now but I still feel like I am missing something when I do that.

I missed the co-op tonight and I was so sad. I want to be involved and I am missing out. I know God has a reason for me being here though.

The girls wanted to have their own blog so I started one for them. I don't know if they will use it but it is there if they want to now. At first, I hesitated to set one up for them...but then I thought what a great way to encourage them to journal their thoughts or even do some journalism with school work.

I had to meet with the doctors today at Community Hospice. That is reason we started school so late today. That took most of my morning. We found out that my mom will have to be moved to a long term facility "nursing home" by Friday. She doesn't need the care the Hospice facility is giving her. So this afternoon we had to go out searching for a place that was better for her. This is all so nerve wracking....

I know God has us go through things for a reason and I am not even going to try to figure this out...I know He will eventually show me. I am extremely tired and homesick. I miss my hubby and my house something awful.

I'm glad I found this spot even if it wasn't for this purpose...it is serving a purpose for me for now.

No comments: