Sunday, October 25, 2009

The girls writing about their pumpkin patch fieldtrip

We used clustering to help us reign in the details of our trip.

Hannah's Writing:

The Pumpkin Patch

By Hannah Alford

10-30-09

On October 20, 2009, I went on a field trip to a pumpkin patch. On the thirty minute drive to the pumpkin patch, I played my cousin, Katy’s, Imagine Fashion Designer DS game. After we arrived, I had to wait so all the other home schoolers could get there. While I was waiting I played with my friend, Abigail. Once the other home schoolers arrived, we took our home school group pictures. Then our journey began. First, we went to see all the animals. There was a pig, a donkey, and hens. Next, we rode on the hay ride. The trailer was crammed full with kids and adults from the ReACHE and CHEB home school group. While on the hay ride we noticed a Zedonk. The tractor driver told us it had a heart like a zebra and the brains of a donkey. Next, we saw a cow and bulls. Then we saw many trees followed by a catfish pond. At the catfish pond, we had to sing “If you are happy and you know it” to try to get the catfish to jump out of the water. Afterwards we stepped off the trailer to pick a pumpkin and play a little. We went through the hay maze and we went down a hay slide. Next, we climbed back up to the hayride again and headed to the picnic tables. For lunch, I ate a sandwich, chips, and sweet tea with Abigail and my friends. When I finished lunch, I played with my friends. Lastly, I rode in my car back home. While I was in riding, I finished my book about Abby Hayes. The pumpkin patch was truly very fun even though I was exhausted when I got home.


Mikayla's Writing:

The Pumpkin Patch

By Mikayla Alford

10-30-09

Revision

I went on a fieldtrip to the pumpkin patch with home school friends. I rode in the car for thirty minutes. When we arrived, we saw the bull with a ring, Eeyore the donkey, and Porkchop the pig. Next we went on a hayride. All the hay gave me a stuffy nose. We stopped and picked a pumpkin from the pumpkin patch. While we were stopped I went down the hay slide and through the hay maze. We ate peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for lunch. There was also candy bags and pumpkin juice waiting for us at the lunch table. After we ate lunch, we went home. I read Minnie and Moo while we were driving home. The pumpkin patch was much bigger than I imagined it would be, but I still had fun.

No comments: