Sunday, October 18, 2009

The girls new Workboxes







I originally made their workbox covers a few months ago. I used contact paper to cover everything. This didn't hold up well. Later I purchased a laminater and LOVE it. I let the girls pick out new scrapbook paper to do their new workboxes.

I also scrapped the schedule strip which seemed to be too much to keep up with and just added more Velcro dots to the hanging file folders so I could add their extra things like piano, keyboarding, snack and lunch without having to use a file folder slot or use the schedule strip. Since there are several Velcro dots on each folder I can switch around what order we do what at any time. This is working for us and has produced good independence in the girls. I still have to go over lessons with the girls but they at least know what to do next when they finish their current work.

They love to see the front of their boxes all filled in which tells them all we have left for the day is quiet reading, Astronomy or Galloping the Globe, and an art project or something fun.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I love this idea and am going to work on incorporating it into our school. :)