Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy New Year!

The holidays seemed to fly by and as always I am a little sad to see them go...but even more excited to get back to regular routine stuff...I like routine...and what's predictable...except every now and then!

Even though this Christmas seemed a little empty with the losses we've endured this year we were so blessed and had a great time this year. The girls got DS's this year and have been having a ball on them...it truly is as a friend told me...a gift that gives all year...I've even been playin on them! We can check out games from the library so that will be good so that we can try them out to see if the girls like them or not.

Chad's parents came up and shared Christmas with us. We had a great time just hanging out and playing. They gave us a Wii and that has been a hoot. We have had the whole family involved! The games are sooo expensive so we will have to save up for those...but fortunatly we can borrow those from the library as well.

My sister, brother-n-law, niece and grandmother came up after Christmas and we had a great time. I so miss my sister and her little girl. We all have been a little sick so that put somewhat of a damper on our time...but we had a great time. We played the Wii so much....Chad and Zach kept competing in the Fitness Challenge to see who could get the youngest score...love that kind of competition.

I went back to the gym Friday after not going since right before Christmas...I missed it! I really need to get back there faithfully and get in gear. I am sure that it will be packed in January with all the New Year's resolutions...hopefully most will stick it out the full year!

Today,we put up our final boxes of Christmas decorations and it felt so good to have the house de-cluttered again. We even worked on straightening our garage a bit...it just feels good to have some organization!

Autumn has been so much fun this Christmas. She literally plays with all the toys she recieved for Christmas. The girls weren't so much like that when they were her age. She loves the tunnel Aunt Courtney bought and the ball popper from Nana and Pappy, and the piggy bank from Granny...She was really into the FP Little people barn too. I spread the toys out around the house so she didn't get so overwhelmed with it all...they are just too spoiled!

I am including some pictures of when my sister was here last week!





























No comments: