Friday, December 12, 2008

Our Snowman Picture


Mikayla's Snowman

Hannah's Snowman

We drew these cute snowmen. I am such a snowman lover...I just can't resist that with a combination of an art lesson. I really never knew how much I loved art until I felt the need to pass the torch from Mimi to the girls. I always thought art was important but now I find more of a need to pass it on. I never realized, I love to draw. I guess we just don't take the time out of our busy schedules to do those kinds of things. I am a great copier...not an original thinker most times...but it is fun anyways...why reinvent the wheel!

Anyhow...here are their and my drawings of a snowman. We did it with oil pastels which are really fun...and put it on black contruction paper. We were learning about perspective as the snowman is looking off. I don't know how much really stuck...but again...an introduction.

I found this great art site for kids: http://www.artprojectsforkids.org/2008/12/oil-pastel-snowman.html

I plan to use the site for many more of our projects.

No comments: