Friday, April 24, 2009

An afternoon at the homeschool sale

So I took the books we no longer use to the homeschool sale. This was my first one to attend and first one to sell at. I made a whopping $6 and spent $10...but that is the way my life tends to go. I did end up picking up some books for free though so I guess that balances things out. I am excited about the book I bought though and look forward to reading it with the girls. The book is called The Princess and the Kiss. It is about God's gift of purity. I bought it from a friend that is in our homeschool group. After I looked at it a bit, I got really excited about it. It has a little lesson guide to go with it. I think I will take a break from our normal bible study and do this for a while. This is one reason I love homeschooling-having the freedom to talk about purity with my girls at anytime of the day.



After the sale, we stopped by Teacher's Aide. I haven't been there in years...I picked up a few things and let the girls pick something out. They picked out some Prang modeling clay. They were so cute with it tonight. They sat together at the table and made a little park out of it.






























I have been reading this parenting book called 1-2-3 Magic for Christian Parents. It has been awesome with the girls. It really does feel like magic...even though I know its not. I would highly recommend it for effective discipline and motivating them to do things. We've just started it so I will have to review it again once we've had it in place for a while.

No comments: