Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Today...our study of Japan continues...

Well, Mikayla has been begging me to make a volcano. And since we've been studying about how Japan is full of mountains that are really old volcanos....it was time...smile! So today we did that. We made the volcano out of homemade playdough. We didn't have enough salt to make it look realistic...but it did the job...the girls loved it! This is where we got the recipe from: http://www.volcanolive.com/model.html





A video of the volcano errupting...we should have darkened the dough so you could see more of the foam...but as you will watch...the girls love it!


We also studied about the 4 main islands that make up Japan. We also looked at some art from Hokusai. They weren't so interested in that...but at least they looked at it!

We finished up the book Chibi. It was a beautiful story of how a town came together over the beauty of a family of ducks.

I have been struggling a bit this week...trying to make everything happen...you know...school (adding more to it...like music appreciation and art appreciation), laundry, keeping up with Autumn and giving her quality time, keeping the house decent (not clean...smile).

I was really challenged last week by one of the homeschool moms in our group to make our studying God Centered....That is my whole reason for homeschooling yet...many days...a complete focus on His word gets pushed to the side. That is kinda me though. My whole world is who Christ is in me...my relationship to Him...but I get sucked into..."the so much to do" mentalality" that I just don't slow down enough for Him to talk to me. That's my prayer...that somehow...I will make HIM first and not my "to do" list for the day...that seems neverending! A challenge indeed.

Anyhow...that's today...

No comments: